Topic: [THAC XIII] Theseus Takes a Walk

Directory Link

Theseus Takes a Walk [THAC XII]

YouTube

A brickfilm based on the Theseus paradox.  A THAC XIII entry.

Re: [THAC XIII] Theseus Takes a Walk

The animation was nice and smooth, and all the movements felt very fluid.

I like the approach you guys took, especially the use of the Theseus paradox. mini/bigsmile

I really liked the idea here, and the animation was pretty much flawless. The dialogue felt very stilted though, and because it was pretty easy to see where it all was heading, the pay-off lacked any real comedy. It's still a solid film of course, and I particularly liked how it toyed with the idea of minifigs (and identity, as you were obviously going for). Nice work!

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Nice work! I must agree, the animation was great. I personally had no clue of this "Theseus paradox" until now, so I didn't find the film predictable. But I did look it up after watching, and it makes sense. I appreciate the concept, like Fillip said.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Like rio, I'd never heard of the Theseus Paradox either and had to look it up, and I must say I appreciate the film a lot more after doing so. The use of printed tiles in the films was nice, and the animation was excellent.

Best of luck in the contest!

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

I thought the idea behind this was good but the execution could have been better. The timing of the dialog just seemed off. I really liked the dolly shot and the animation was excellent.

I meant to comment on this earlier.  This was a creative twist to the theme - educational and entertaining; I love that!  As usual, you monkeys never fail to pull off a fun film!  Any more "Galactic Smugglers" being released soon?

Brick7 wrote:

I meant to comment on this earlier.  This was a creative twist to the theme - educational and entertaining; I love that!  As usual, you monkeys never fail to pull off a fun film!  Any more "Galactic Smugglers" being released soon?

Thanks!  We have filmed some of the next Galactic Smugglers.   We need to get motivated.  mini/sad